Unfortunately, almost every site has an acceptable use policy. This one is ours. The most basic rule: common sense prevails. However, for those looking for a more detailed list, see below. By registering, you agree to follow these rules. Offenses may result in termination of your account, without warning. These rules are subject to change at any time, also without warning.
Registration and Posts:
While you can post to the forum and create comments as a guest, we encourage you to register in order to take advantage of some of the additional features of the site. When you register, the following will apply:
- A password of at least seven characters is required.
- You are required to accept this site policy. Acceptance of this policy assumes that you have read and understand the policy and are bound by its requirements. Any offense could result in termination of the account at any time WITHOUT warning.
- Registrations must be confirmed by the user through an email sent to the email account provided by the user. The user will not be able to log in until the confirmation has been accepted.
- After registering a new a account, a new member has 30 days to make a post.
- After the first post, the new member has another 30 days to make another post.
- After 60 days, if no posts are made, the accounts WILL be terminated. If your account was terminated, please let us know and we will be more than happy to discuss it. Chances are, the reasoning for termination of an account was lack of activity after registration. If you’ve posted more than twice, then your account will not be removed. If you’ve never posted, then why did you register in the first place? As mentioned above, common sense prevails.
- Be respectful. You don’t necessarily have to agree with each other, but respect the fact that we all have opinions and are entitled to them. The majority of us do live in a civilized society, contrary to popular belief. Being courteous can go a long way.
- No n00b bashing…see rule 1 on respect.
- Do not go OFFTOPIC. Take an extra second and post a new thread.
- Absolutely NO SPAMMING! While we’re a pretty acceptable bunch, posting RANDOM spam is immediate grounds for termination. If a post has been found to be spam, the post will be removed and your account may be terminated without warning.
- Leave your politics and racist remarks at the door. Racism will not be tolerated. Nor will any political discussions.
- The Admin giveth. And the Admin taketh away. Be respectful of the site admins and moderators.
- No illegal or inappropriate material is to EVER be posted. Illegal is not subjective. This is a US based website and US laws apply. Just because its not illegal in Russia (or any other country) does NOT mean that it is OK to post. To be cliche, when in doubt, leave it out.
- Be yourself. Don’t impersonate anyone or misrepresent yourself.
- We respect your opinion. However, if your opinion disagrees with everyone else, please refrain from shouting, blaming, name calling or insulting. The smartest argument can be made by using logical explanations instead of insulting excuses. Any such posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrators/moderators.
- Refrain from pointless posting. If you want to welcome someone to the forum, that’s one thing. But do not post a reply or a topic with such things as ‘k thx’ or ‘I r n00b, sorry.’ or anything else that may be pointless. No one likes reading pointless IM’s or emails and the same is true of forum posts. If you consider yourself l33t, that’s nice. However, please keep your l33t comments to yourself. This basically means if you’re here to flaunt your knowledge and demean everyone else in your posts, your posts will be removed for inappropriate posting.
- Go easy on the swearing unless you’ve got a real reason to. Also, keep the swearing out of the subject line. No one wants to read “God D*** F****** Bill Gates and his piece of s*** software” as the subject line.
- Do not take someone’s work and claim it as your own. Do not post or use anything that belongs to someone else unless you have prior consent with the original author. You wouldn’t like it if someone stole your work, so please keep that in mind if you want to use something that belongs to someone else.
- Try not to dig up and post to old topics. First search the forum for your answer, and if you can’t find it, post a new thread to talk about it. The only exception to this rule is the fact that this board and community are still small enough that it is not an issue to post to older topics. Once this forum and community grows, that exception will be changed / removed.
- At this point in time, the official language of the site is English. Any posts in a language other than English will be removed without notice.
- Do not post phone numbers or other sensitive information in any posts or comments. If you wish to pass along this information to another user, please do so privately, for the protection of yourself and the rest of the community.
The information found on this site is provided free of charge and comes AS IS, with NO warranty (explicit, implicit, or otherwise). Any software mentioned on the site is subject to the copyright and license agreements provided by the vendor/manufacturer of said software. We do not represent any vendor or manufacturer and the opinions expressed on this site belong to the originator of the content in question (be it by the author of a site post, a forum post, or comment).
All of these rules are pretty basic and consistent with other sites and forums. Our goal is not to jam a bunch of rules down your throat, but to give all users a pleasant experience while visiting Mightor Industries, Inc. ™.
The final rule: Enjoy the site!